Sunil Nayar – Co founder, promoter & Chief advisor
C-674 New Friends Colony, New Delhi –110025, India. Mobile: 0-98101-53108
Born in 1952, to Army parents, studied in convents across North India and finally finished school from St. Thomas, Calcutta, in 1969.
Completed B.A. (Hons) in Political Science from Hindu College, Delhi University, in 1972 and pursued a Post Graduation in the same subject at JNU.
1973 to 1975
• Started work as an Executive Trainee and graduated to a Business
Development Manager, with DAAPS Associated Pvt. Ltd., a company dealing with import of Industrial Machinery, primarily in the dairy industry.
• Traveled the length and width of India and did business with most of the Dairy Development Corporations of the country.
• Dealt with overseas Principals in many countries such as, Web Kombinat Impulsa, East Germany, Westwools, Australia, AirLiquie, France etc.
1975 to 1977
• Marketing Head with NCDFI (National Co-operative Dairy Federation Of India), a quasi govt. organization and a parent body of the NDDB.
• Formulated a marketing plan for North India, for distribution of milk through vending machines and manual vendors for the then under conception, Mother Dairy.
1977 to 1984
• Director and the Managing Director of Kubera Marketing Pvt. Ltd. , An international commodity marketing company.
• Traveled very extensively across Europe and USA dealing with large international companies which we were representing in India.
• Imported many commodities, machinery and equipment into India and participated in third country trading.
• Acted as a consultant for projects to companies such as Thorn EMI, UK, GE of USA, Pealstick of France etc.
1984 to 2008
• While continuing to be a director of Kubera Marketing Pvt. Ltd., took over as CEO of Kubera Alcot, an OEM (original equipment manufacturer), to 42 large industries. Manufactured name plates, heat resistant and other specialty stickers and instrument panels with feather touch switches. From designing onwards the complete products were manufactured in-house. We also did anodizing, hard anodizing, chromatizing and other specialty coatings and treatments for aluminum.
• Dealt with all types of Industry, from instrumentation, electrical, Electronic, automotive, computer, mechanical etc. as customers,
And with numerous manufacturers of metals, inks, polymers, paper, adhesives, machinery manufacturers etc as buyers.
• Our customers included Birla Yamaha Ltd, Avery India Ltd, Knorr Bremse India Ltd, Escorts Ltd, Herion, Germany, Telemeckhanic, France,
• From 1998 discontinued Kubera Marketing Pvt. Ltd.
• Became Managing Director of Nitya Marketing Pvt. Ltd., a marketing Company and traveled extensively to the African continent.
• Carried out projects for Tonnel Ghana Ltd and Voltas Finance & Securities Ltd.
• We have a division for marketing consultancy and another for events. Worked with HCL, Agilent Technologies, IBM etc.
• Withdrew from Industrial production and Kubera Alcot.
• Currently Chairman of Nitya Marketing Pvt. Ltd.
• On The Advisory panel of OLPC, Cambridge, USA
• Have been an active Rotarian for the last 25 years, of which I have been a director for 23years. Have also served as President with distinction.
• Been involved with many community projects including Pulse Polio and Vocational Training for the under-priviledged.
• Member of Delhi Gymkhana Club and New Friends Colony Club, New Delhi and Aravalli Golf Club, Faridabad